Your pet sitting clients can login to LeashTime only after they have been given login credentials (user name and password). When you are first starting up, you can ask LeashTime Support to create login credentials for all of your clients. Your clients' email addresses will be used as their user names if LeashTime Support sets them up for you.
You can set up a client's login credentials as follows:
- Type part of the client's name in the Search box and choose his name from the menu to bring up his profile.
- Click on the Basic Info tab
- Under the "Veterinary Clinic" line is a "System Login" line. Click the button next to "System Login". The label of this button shows the client's current login username if he has one.
- The System Login Editor for the client will open up. Make any changes you like and then click "Save Changes".
You can conveniently send a client his login credentials using the "Client Login Credentials" email template. Here is how:
- After making sure a login ID and temporary password are set for the client, go to the Communication tab in the client's profile.
- Click the "Compose Email" button.
- Select the "Client Login Credentials" button from the "Templates" pulldown menu.
- Click the "Send Message" button.
The same template can be used in CLIENTS > Email Alerts.
We recommend assigning short simple temp passwords since they are one-use passwords, which means if the client mis-types the password when logging in, they need to get a new temporary password. (When a client logs in successfully with a temporary password, they are required to choose a new, secret, permanent password).
Remember that a client can reset his own password as long as he knows his login ID. He just has to click the "forgotten password" link on the login page and follow the instructions.
The login credentials editor stuff (and more) is covered by the How to Add Clients video.