Client Notes in LeashTime
- "Office Notes" (Basic Info tab) - are visible only to managers and dispatchers.
- "Notes" (Basic Info tab) - are visible to sitters as well as office staff. These are viewable by clients.
- Schedule ("Package") Notes - are set initially to whatever the client enters when requesting a schedule. These are visible to sitters as described below. The manager can view the package note by clicking the "Notes" button in the schedule editor (EZ Schedule or Recurring Schedule) and also in the "View All Notes" panel in the schedule editor. A preference in ADMIN > Preference > Display Preferences makes schedule visible in visit lists as well: "Show Package Notes in Visit For Manager Where No Visit Note is Present".
- Visit Notes - are initially blank, but may be entered by managers. When a visit is marked complete, the sitter's comments supersede the visit note. These are viewable by clients.
- Custom Fields - some custom fields can be made visible to sitters, and can be used to put a note into a specific context (e.g., "pet behavior quirks"). These are viewable by clients if viewable by sitters.
A Sitter's View of Notes
As mentioned above, a sitter never sees Office Notes, but can view profile notes, visit notes, custom fields, and schedule notes. In the Mobile Sitter web app and the iPhone/Android sitter apps*, sitters will see notes in their visit lists if "Display service type and visit notes in the visit list" is selected in ADMIN > Preference > [ Sitter User Interface ] Mobile Sitter App Options.
The note displayed in the visit list of the mobile versions will be:
- The specific Visit Note, if any is present, or
- The Schedule (Package) visit if no Visit Note is present
* In the iPhone/Android sitter apps, the presence of a note on a visit is indicated with an icon, which shows the note itself when tapped.
Q: Why can't the manager see schedule notes on visits in the visit list?
A: Because the "Show Package Notes in Visit For Manager Where No Visit Note is Present" in (ADMIN > Preference > Display Preferences) preference is set to "no".
Q: Why can't sitters see visit notes in the mobile app?
A: Because the preference "Display service type and visit notes in the visit list" option in ADMIN > Preference > [ Sitter User Interface ] Mobile Sitter App Options is set to "no".